Thursday, August 9, 2018

A surprise giant pumpkin patch!

This pumpkin patch was a surprise! It was in the middle of a local park and these photos are from yesterday. If there had been a pumpkin patch there in past years, I hadn't been aware of it.


All the pumpkins growing there were massive! And it appears they're still growing. I wonder if we'll see any of them in this year's village Halloween display? I also wonder how much larger they'll get.


This one looked like a giant ghost pumpkin. I don't think I'd seen a giant white pumpkin before this one.


So far, there are five big pumpkins out there. They're being shaded and supported well. As you can see, the pumpkins had a nice wood support under them.



And the vines went on and on!



Making this area even more Halloweeny was the nearby flower patch full of black velvety petunias.



So, how about that? A little Halloween surprise a few months early!


In other Halloween type news, I got around to seeing Hotel Transylvania. After hearing there was a third one out, I figured it was time to see the first one. It was very cute and funny. It's one of those animated movies where it's fun to see if you can recognize the celebrity voices. I loved every moment of Steve Buscemi as the werewolf.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, these pumpkins are probably being grown to win a weight contest. They do it at our Sycamore Pumpkin Fest, every year. Great pics, Justine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorelei ~ That could very well be! I should go back and see how much bigger they are by now. Have you shared pics of the Sycamore Pumpkin Fest on your blog? I'd like to see some. Glad you enjoyed these pics! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Bob ~ It sure was! I didn't expect to see pumpkins growing in the middle of a park and they were so big already! I'll have to revisit that park and see how massive they are now.

      Delete