Monday, October 30, 2017

Halloween decorations around town - Part 2

Time to share what the local Halloween decorations look like at night! I'm starting with one I'd never seen before. This looks like it could be a vintage blow mold. I find this truly creepy.


In that same yard was another light up creature that was new to me. This gargoyle was perched up on top of their light post.


This house also had lights hanging on it with hockey masks over the top. Every one of their decorations was unique from the others I've seen.


This inflatable jack-o-lantern had ghosts that danced around in a circle inside of it. They were really moving in there, so I was glad they showed up as more than a blur here!


Here's a classic! I like seeing one of these displayed in a window. With that slightly lit curtain behind it, this pumpkin looks like something that should be part of an old magic act.


Here's the same pumpkin, sitting outdoors. The neighbors who put this blow mold pumpkin out have been doing so for years. It's a cheerful, classic decoration I always look forward to seeing.


Their little glowing pumpkin man stands between two of these larger jack-o-lanterns.


Some new people have moved in and set up this cool circle of ghosts. The ghosts surround a glowing cauldron.


Some of you might remember seeing these pumpkin light covers in years past. A few people around here have them on their outdoor lights.


Here is the house from a distance. You can see that these light covers give a nice orange glow from a distance!


An inflatable ghost:


Another inflatable ghost, this time with spooky eyes in front of it and rope lights along the fence. I think that's a kitchen witch in the window.


This guy really goes to town on his yard for the holidays. You ought to see this place at Christmas! It's like wall-to-wall inflatables.


A little closer...


I'd spotted these red eyes peering over in the dark and wondered who they belonged to. My first thought was actually an animal! I took a photo and then looked at it on my computer. The photo appeared as two red dots in a sea of black. It took a lot of doctoring of the contrast and lightening of the photo to see what went with those eyes.


I'm glad I photographed this clown at night when I could, because I think his battery died. He's still out there in the daylight, as you saw in my last blog post. You just wouldn't see him at night anymore.

This was a photo taken while stuck in traffic. I thought this was a lucky place to get stuck, since I was looking for nighttime Halloween decorations anyway!


This metal witch and the tree are lit up nicely from the car lights. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been a source of light and I probably wouldn't have seen this.


I've seen a few of these light effects this year, and these bats are the best of what I saw in action. They were definitely the only ones that were going to come through in photos, because they were set at a slower pace. This bat show took place on a garage door.


How cute is this little winking pumpkin?


The same people also had these wood pumpkins out. These look like they were made from wood slats. I've seen a lot of wood slat crafts/decorations for sale this year.


A cool, blow mold ghost.


They had more blow molds out, like this witch. I remember her from past years. She's pretty creepy because her paint is chipping off.


How classic is this pumpkin in the window? I love this. It's reminding me of something I saw as a kid, I think in one of those Ideals books or magazines. Does anybody else remember those? I love how the curtains came out glowing too.


I had to try many times to get that one clear. It was getting to the point where I was hoping no one was home! Because I was taking too long getting it right and I didn't want them to come out and ask why I was standing there so long! Of course, the picture I got of the ghost in their second window came out on the first try! Probably because I didn't care that much about it.


I went back to the village again, this time at night. You might recognize a few of these decorations from the daytime photos, like this birdhouse:



I was pleased to see that this shop had a new window display up since the last time I was there.


Shop windows can look so spooky at night, especially when they involve antiques, mirrors, and mannequins.


I half expected something in that window to move!

How cute is this friendly ghost? He's one of those plastic forms you cover a lamppost with.


A lounging ghoulie:


A spooky tree light display:


This next house was a treasure trove of decorations! Check out that cute inflatable reaper. I like that little gesturing ghoulie next to him too.


As you can see, they had these beautiful pink/purple lights moving around and a life-size coffin standing in the yard.


Those hanging lights are in witch hats.


This next yard had lots of great, unusual stuff too! Like this little inflatable mouse or hamster witch:


And this very cool and very large inflatable skull. Don't his eyes look like olives?


Here's another skull decoration, this time in that light up shape form. What are these called? They're like rope light shapes. This skull with his pointy light teeth is maybe my favorite of these that I've seen.


Last night, I got more pictures of some of the displays you saw in my last blog post. As you'll see, they look totally different at night. Like that man's display of the pumpkins from his pumpkin carving party. You'll be able to see the details much better with them lit up at night.


Check out Dracula, peering over his cape. Nice stem on that one!


Is this Nosferatu or maybe Bat Boy? Which movie had a vampire with a double set of fangs?


Snoopy!


These are two I photographed earlier in the day. They sure look different now, don't they?



Love that vampire skull! And I'm just now noticing that Frankenstein is carrying someone on that other one.


Even that spider has his own little jack-o-lantern.





Who do you think this might be? Some kind of Biblical figure? Neptune?


The Jaws house at night! You can see their garland of hand lights now.


He has a little red eye that lights up at night!


And their haunted tree all lit up:


Now here was something pretty scary to revisit! You can see part of Norman's glasses pushing through the eyeholes of this mask. 😁


The photo without the flash is less clear, but more spooky. It looks like there could be some real eyes behind the mask in this one!


There's a yarn shop in the village. In one of the shop windows was a pumpkin that looks like it was crafted from a sweater.


Peeking in a window, you could see another Halloween light show.


There's an ice cream/malt shop in the village area. I really liked how they'd decorated inside. They have cobwebs, feet hanging from the ceiling, and big spiders on the light fixtures. Very fun!



I think this picture is genuinely spooky. I know those are just ice cream glasses, but it seems like an image from an old haunted bar. Like there should be bottles under the webs instead. I must have seen something like that once, maybe in some of your Halloween displays. 😉


I hope you guys enjoyed the night-time tour around town! I had lots of fun searching out decorations and displays to take pictures of. 👻

6 comments:

  1. Ked from Wicked Woods fixed my issue! Wanted to let you know how amazing those pumpkins are - what a display. I also like that spooky little clown in the chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M ~ What was your issue? Yeah, quite the awesome display! I'll be adding a bunch more jack-o-lantern pics to my blog later today. They're everywhere this year! :) Yeah, that clown is a riot. Once you figure out what it is, anyway. It was pretty scary before I realized what it was! Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  2. Happy Halloween Justine! Thanks for a year of great pics and posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The October Boy ~ Happy Halloween to you too! :) I haven't seen you around much. I'll have to take a peek at your blog for any updates. I'm glad you've been around here reading this year!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing. I felt like I was walking with you. I so miss being able to do Halloween--decorate for trick-or-treaters. We live out in the country. Oh well, this was great, Justine! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorelei ~ Good! That's what I was going for. I want people to feel like they're coming along on these adventures. :) So, you're so far out in the country that you don't get too many kids coming by? I'm glad you enjoyed this one! If you read through the blog post I put up today, you can live vicariously through my trick-or-treat experience. :) Quite the little characters came by. Happy Halloween to you too!

      Delete