Friday, October 25, 2013

Justine's Halloween Blog Party 2013

Welcome to my annual Halloween blog party!
I'm waiting for my victims, err... guests as my new incarnation...


It can be difficult to find my vampiric castle, so be sure to bring a flashlight. It is awfully dark in the haunted woods that lead to my door. Can you hear that? Listen to them, the children of the night, what music they make...


I realize it's easy to get lost in the woods, so I sent you a guide:


He's cool, but you don't want to look too closely at his face. Just try to be brave and keep moving.

Can you hear that fluttering and squeaking above the trees? That means you're almost there!


You've now left the darkness of the woods and the creepy guide has retreated back into the dark. Just follow those bats and you'll be at my doorstep....

There's the party place!


Just knock on the door and someone will be there to greet you. Knock, knock, knock. Creeeeaaaak...


Follow Nosferatu down this drafty hallway and join the party!


So many spooky guests are here already:

Ked was first to arrive as a zombie sheriff.



Next was our celebrity guest Patricia, otherwise known as The Girl of Ghoul!



Henry arrived as a bloody and decaying zombie.



A strange whirring sound was heard outside the castle. We all ran to the windows to see what was out there.


What should we see but The Tardis parked right out front!

http://blog.dormantmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/tardis-exterior-551-1024.jpg

Out stepped Dex, back from the 1970s as Batman!


The Steampunk Equestrian Rider Midnyte Reader galloped into the castle on her prized clockwork pony.


Next Melody flew in as a glittering fairy. Looks like she brought her cat too. I see someone peeking around the side of the photo. :)


A crash of thunder was heard and lightening struck the castle. Soon after the storm began, Matt arrived as Frankenstein!



Dr. Phobia and his patient had time to leave the clown E.R. and come to the party. Notice his severed finger necklace. (Brian from Scaryvisions and his wife)



Michael arrived as The Phantom of the Opera and actually took off his mask! Who knew what was lurking under that mask all this time...



Kristin channeled London After Midnight and scared everyone with her razor sharp teeth!



More bats were heard fluttering outside the window. One flew in and materialized into Lorelei Bell's alter ego, The Vampire Queen!


Lorelei was nice enough to bring along something for everyone to drink:


"The Blood of the Vine" :) I visited the Vampire Vineyards web site and found this adorable video advertising their product:



Zena, the rebellious zombie and her husband Charles, the nerdy zombie crawled out of their graves for the party!

We all turned to see a dark figure catapult through the door. It was Chris the Halloween Ninja!


As if that wasn't surprising enough, we all heard some strange scratching noises from the door. We hurried over to find Suzanne as Sylvester the Cat in quite the predicament. Watch out for the guest she brought, it looks like Death...


There's still more room at the party! If you'd like to join the fun, just email me a Halloween photo of yourself from the past or present. We'll all be snacking and dancing in the meantime. I think I hear some vampire music now!






That last video is worth watching as well as listening to. Fans of classic Horror movies will love all those old vampire moments!


I hope you enjoyed this year's party! If you'd like to take a look back at the blog parties of years past, here they are:

12 comments:

  1. Heh. I didn't have a costume, so I just leered in the window. Heh heh.

    Takes me back to the olden days of the internet, when streaming video was inconceivable, and we had to cook up ways to entertain ourselves with .jpegs, colored fonts, and earnest to goodness storytelling chops. Haw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mantan ~ Uh, somehow that leering in the window stuff is even creepier! I have a feeling you're not alone at that window...

      Yeah? I must have missed that old storytelling online. Although, there might have been a bit of that in the LiveJournal days. I was thinking a little about Myspace as I was putting this together. I miss posting those glittery blinking things on people's pages. :) That didn't last long since I got on Myspace about the time everyone else left! I still enjoy a good gif. That's what Tumblr is for now! There's every blinking, moving thing imaginable on there.

      You don't see too much of that colored type or wild font stuff anymore. I kept it subtle and only used a little dark red at the top. :) I know it can get tacky when every font and color and blinky thing is used at once, but it's still fun to mess around with! I was wishing that blogger offered more fonts while writing this...

      Delete
  2. Ooo, this was spooky. Right up my dark and dingy alley! The bats were.... especially awesome... and your creepy friends too. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorelei ~ I'm glad you enjoyed this post! It's good you liked the bats because you ended up having a bat connection in this story. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm always first in last out! Thanks for doing this again it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wicKED ~ Oh yeah? Sounds like you have a lot of party spirit! Thanks for participating again. I appreciate all the effort you go to with your costumes. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice presentation! This is really fun when you see the final product! I can't wait till next year now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt ~ Thank you! I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the blog party so much. It's lots of fun for me too. I really look forward to seeing the photos people send me. I think everyone looks great together in a group!

      Delete
  5. Justine, I had a lovely time at the party! Thank you so much for inviting me. I loved seeing everyone's costume and the drinks and dancing were divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Midnyte Reader ~ I'm glad you had a good time! Thanks for attending the party. :) I think we had some pretty good music to sing and dance along to! I've actually been singing that last song all night. It really gets in your head. I'd like to try some of that Vampire Wine in an offline way!

      Delete
  6. A very happy Halloween Night to you and yours ... from the "Crypt"..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Theda ~ Thank you for the Halloween wishes! Happy Halloween to you too! :)

      Delete