Sunday, October 1, 2023

Last Night's Nearly Super Moon

Happy October! Did any of you catch last night's moon? I thought it was a Super Moon, but from what I just read, that moon actually appeared on September 29. Still, this moon was looking plenty close and plenty bright. I took a few photos of it around 9 P.M. or so. 

The moon was noticeably different. I have never been able to capture a view of the craters with my camera. Just look around the right side of it here!

How dramatic is this? Looking at the outline of those clouds will show you just how bright that moon was. I'm not sure I've taken any photos previous to last night's that show clouds with a bright outline. It looks like someone drew the outline of clouds with white chalk on a black chalkboard.

Last night's sky set the perfect mood for what Svengoolie was showing, which was the Trilogy of Terror (1975). Have you guys seen that set of three made for TV mini movies, each starring Karen Black? This was my second time watching them. It was one of those times where I could catch more details the second time around and some of those details made even more sense. If any of you have seen Trilogy of Terror, I'd like to discuss it with you! And if you haven't seen it, I recommend doing so. There are moments in these stories that range from creepy in an icky way to edge of your seat terrifying to thought-provoking. 

4 comments:

  1. Haunted Eve ~ Happy October to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, happy spooky season! Great pics. I haven't seen that movie in a looong time but everyone remembers the doll :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dex ~ Hey! It's good to hear from you! I've been thinking of you the past few days, now that I'm back on here. Hope you had a nice summer. Thanks! It was quite the moon. Oh yeah, everyone remembers the doll. He's unforgettable. Karen Black does an amazing job basically acting out a one woman show, while pretending to be attacked by that little thing.

      Delete