Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Attack of the Gnomes! Menards Halloween ~ Part 1

I'm surprised to have a blog's worth of material from Menards, let alone two blog posts! Menards has a different selection of Halloween stuff from most of the stores I've been in, and some of it is pretty funny. That's what this first blog post is going to focus on. In Part 2, I'll share photos of the many different gourds they had in the garden section. I know I said in my last blog post that Michaels was coming up next, but it turns out I have ton of pics from the two Michaels stores I went to. Those are going to take some time to go through. So onto Menards!

Menards had a great selection of skeleton gnomes, each one funnier than the next! Check out the skeleton fish this one has caught.


I found this more funny than I probably should have.


For some reason, it seemed gross/funny when I thought he was roasting a rat, but now that I'm looking at the pic below, I'm just confused. Is that a pig? Not that this needs to make perfect sense, but if that's a pig, the scale is... well, way too small. So I'm going with a tiny, pink, pig-like rat?

Note the skeleton vulture waiting for that pig/rat. And why isn't the pig/rat a skeleton?

And speaking of tasty treats, look what this guy is offering! I didn't even notice the snake until I enlarged the photo. I think this skeleton is actually pretty cute.


These gnomes were pretty small, maybe 4 to 5" as I'm remembering.


And then there's old "Izzy Dead" here:


Now I know where the pirate skeleton at Ren Faire came from!


I'm not sure if you guys will find this as funny as I do, because I find it pretty funny. Thick spider webs = what appears to be snow under a Halloween village!


Maybe they're planning to leave this web/snow out for the Christmas village?

I think I just spotted some mini garden gnomes here!

Actually, years back I was sent a mystery bunch of Halloween gifts as a promotion and one of those gifts was a pack of cobweb fluff. It's the thickest cobweb you'll ever see! It now acts as "snow" under my Christmas village.

This "Broken Skull Bar" is pretty cool. It's serving "Wicked Spirits and Grog".


It's a real snow storm out there! Actually, that could be Halloween in my state.


I just saw this "Pet Dragon" somewhere else, I think Walmart. The Walmart packaging I'm remembering showed a girl with this dragon perched on her shoulder.



And last but certainly not least, check out this giant inflatable T-Rex!


He was hanging out near the entrance to the store with what I think is an inflatable skeletal dragon? I got a kick out of his little T-Rex arms.


So, there's some of the fun stuff that you can find at Menards! I'll probably post those pretty gourd photos later today.

Also, I should mention to those of you who comment on my blog, I've been having some issues where the comments weren't being sent to me for a really long time. So I wasn't ignoring your comments, I just wasn't seeing them. The issue appears to be resolved now, though. 😊

8 comments:

  1. The snow is pretty funny in the halloween village.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M ~ Yup. :) And somehow there's even the effect of snow blowing in the wind!

      Delete
  2. Ewe Menards lol man that blizzard is something else and yeah that definitely could happen in your state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob ~ Haha! Yeah, it sure is! I don't know if someone was goofing around with that cobweb snow or what. Wisconsin Halloweens... When I was a kid, I was always hoping I wouldn't have to wear a winter coat over my costume to trick-or-treat! It kind of ruins the look. ;)

      Delete
    2. Man how many times we had to wear coats was insane! These days my kids seem to luck out every year with pretty good weather.

      Delete
    3. Bob ~ Oh? So I'm guessing you grew up in Illinois as well as living there now? Or in the Midwest, anyway. Sometimes I've seen a kid wearing a coat under their costume instead of over it. :) I guess that way you get to see their costume, but it's funny. I think I saw a coat being worn under a princess costume once! It's a slimming effect. Haha! Your kids have been lucky. We've had some cold nights for trick-or-treat the past few years.

      Delete
  3. Trolls getting into Halloween now? Crazy!
    Love the skeleton/pirate
    Want to go for a pint of butter beer in that skeleton bar with me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I thought they were pretty hilarious! I love the pirate skeleton too. He looked pretty cool propped up in that window at Ren Faire. And here I'd thought the shop owners had bought that skeleton parrot separately!

      I'd love to have a beer with you at the skeleton bar. :) If we could just shrink ourselves down to the size of it and make it through all those cobwebs. ;)

      Delete