Sunday, March 27, 2011

Barbie's Darkside

Thank you to HollyHorrorshow for letting me know about all these great dolls! It turns out that there are plenty of Barbie dolls based on characters from movies and tv shows. Here are some that should appeal to the readers of this blog:

The Munsters


The first picture is a close up of Lily Munster. I think these were designed pretty well. They actually look like the characters from the show. If there are Barbie versions of any other characters, like Grampa Munster, I didn't run across them.

The Addams Family




A close up of Morticia and Gomez and then the two of them together. Well, they got the clothes right, although I'm not sure about their faces. The Gomez doll looks like Ken with a mustache. If other members of the family were made, I'd love to see them!

Samantha from Bewitched



This doll looks somewhat like Elizabeth Montgomery, and certainly looks more like her than the original doll did! The first Samantha doll just has a vintage Barbie face and a witch costume.

Twilight



The first picture is of the doll versions of Edward, Bella, and Jacob. I think they did really well on Bella's face! Maybe the designers at Mattel are getting more advanced? I actually ran across quite a few Twilight themed Barbie dolls. I didn't want to post them all, but I had to include the last picture because I thought this doll was beautiful. That one is the Barbie version of the Victoria character.

So what do you think of these dolls? Which look most to you like the real people they're based on?

If you guys know of any other Barbies with a spooky theme, let me know and I'll post them here!

9 comments:

  1. The Lily Munster Barbie makes me think of my Frankie Stein doll, which is awesome, but the Morticia Addams falls flat for me. She just looks like a rich housewife posing as Morticia lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I just found out about those Monster High dolls recently! They're so cute. Yeah, both Addams family dolls could have been better. Although, technically Morticia was a rich housewife. Or haunted house wife anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome finds! Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Thank so much.

    BTW, Your artwork is wonderful. I hope to purchase some prints soon. Oh, I answered your questions on my blog. Thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you! I'm so glad you like my art. :) I'll check your blog right now for your response...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily is a fair job. (I want the dress!) I agree that the Addams are 'off' somehow, just-not-quite-right. The modelers are getting better though... the Twilight dolls are *much* closer to the actors facials and the clothing is so much more intricate. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sarah! Yeah, it must be difficult for them to get the molds just right for dolls, but I think the technology is improving! You'd think there would be some sort of computer program that could be used to get the facial features right.

    I agree that Lily's dress is great - I like what they did with her hair too! Her face might not be spot on, but I'm liking the mint green skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They also did Tippy Headren from "the Birds"....
    I believe that "SideShow" was the only one to make a "Grandpa" in this scale...

    ReplyDelete