Thursday, October 20, 2022

Target Halloween ~ 2022

This year's Target Halloween section had some fun themes! As some of you know, they seem to work with a different style from year to year. This year, I felt the strongest part of their theme was friendly skeletons. 

This skeleton was one of my favorite items for sale. He's pretty cute in a well-lit store, but I think he could actually be kind of spooky hanging on the wall in a dark hallway. Imagine seeing this skeleton lit only by that flame and seeing the glint of those red eyes! 

These little jars were in the $1.00 section up front and were actually $1.00. As you guys have no doubt noticed, some of the prices in that section have raised in recent years. I like little spooky containers that are filled with just about anything. These bottles contain glitter and sequins. 

These were cute little wood knick-knacks. They were much smaller than they appear here and also cost $1.00. I think you would just sit them around with other decorations.

Wood gift tags that could also become a hanging banner:

I thought this mirrored window was especially cool. You can see that Target dog photo bombing in the mirror. ;) There's a ledge at the bottom of the window that would be great for holding a figurine or small pumpkin. I needed something to photograph it on and these mini wheeled carts worked well. They could also be pretty useful in a display.

Near the window was a door. The knocker on this door is moveable. It's a fun door, like something from Dracula's castle.

This giant inflatable was part of the entrance to the Halloween section in the back of the store. I was really impressed by this. The skeleton moved and sang. He felt like something from a theme park or at least Chuck E. Cheese.



How cool are these neon decorations? The bat flapped its wings, the bones in the cauldron switched places and the skeleton waved.

A little pot of Audrey II's! Check out the skulls on the planter.

The tendrils are holding little bones.

I think this would make a fine cupcake tray. 

I love these Halloween antique-inspired phones. This one was unfortunately out of juice. I couldn't hear a thing. In the past, I've been amused by what these have to say.


Along with the friendly skeleton theme, I felt that Target went a little retro this year.





This little guy moved his legs and "biked" in place. You can watch a video of him in action here: Bicycling Skeleton

The Halloween gift wrap section:

Part of the Halloween card display:

Nice fonts on these napkins! And it was also nice to find an orange storage tub nearby so I could have a background they'd show up on. 

A fairly heavy ceramic tray that I assume is for cookies or something like that. I think it could look cool with a few little candles on it.

An up-close view of another serving tray. 



These fabric crows were cool. I'm not used to seeing crow props made of fabric.

I thought it looked like one of them could use a ride. :)

This car is another favorite item of mine! I remember it being made of a thin metal. 

It said "Happy Haunting" on the front with a little ghost.

I'll end with the Day of the Dead section. That was sort of separate from the Halloween stuff on a display table. 



This is part of a felt wreath.

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this virtual trip to Target! I should have a few more Halloween shopping trips to share. We made it over to Farm Girl Antiques and it was open this time! I'm looking forward to sharing my photos from there, because some of those photos are fairly creepy. I didn't even want to look at one of those photos for too long on my computer because I was creeped out. And it was my own photo! 

5 comments:

  1. Judging by my Instagram, the hot Target item this year is (was?) an all orange skeleton with a pumpkin head. Never saw one in person myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Day of the Dead themed items. I saw some great stuff at Marshall's when I was home to New Brunswick for a visit in August. I could have filled two suitcases! There just isn't anything like the variety here in the UK that you have over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison ~ Me too! I think they're some of the best designed items at Target around that time. I like bright colors and skulls, so there ya go. :) Did you end up buying much in New Brunswick? In a way, I'm surprised that Halloween merchandise hasn't caught on more in the UK. There's a lot of money to be made on it and I'm sure there would be some interest!

      Delete
  3. Dex ~ An orange skeleton with a pumpkin head... Hmm... I did not see that one. Target was pretty well stocked with Halloween stuff when I was there too! I just looked that up and saw some pics. OK, I can see why those were sold out! That character is pretty darn cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely would have grabbed one if I found them. I'm a sucker for pumpkin-headed things

    ReplyDelete