Sunday, October 30, 2022

Bayview Pumpkin Pavilion ~ 2022

Happy Halloween Everybody! I am so happy to have some photos to share with you from the Bayview Pumpkin Pavilion! Mom and I went to this event a little over a week ago and I was saving the pics for Halloween. You might remember that this event involves the display of many carved pumpkins, as well as some awesome sculptures. I have to start with what is maybe my favorite photo from that night.

Get ready for a whole troop of zombies. Check out the eyes on this one!

This one looks like kind of a dancer. Maybe I'm thinking of the Thriller video.

Quite the glittery, shimmering zombie here. That paint gives a nice slimy effect.




Eek! Those teeth. I wonder if the sculptor used actual false teeth on these.

A nice follow-up to these zombies is the creepy cemetery we can assume they just crawled out of.

You're going to see several photos from this area, because I couldn't get enough of the up-lit green on these tombstones and skeletons. My favorite Halloween decorations are usually up-lit and involving lots of shadows.

YOLO!

I really liked the texture on this one.

I recognize that Dollar Tree skull. :)

This ghoulish specter was behind one of the windows of a building in the park.

She would sink down slowly and then spring up really fast.

You might remember these two from a few years ago. They're... OK, I'm not sure really. My interpretation is that these creatures are part human, part pumpkin.

I think actual glass eyes were used on these. It was so freaky when the light glimmered off them. They really appeared to be making eye contact.

Does this guy remind you of that creepy cab driver in Ghostbusters? When I saw that movie as a kid, the freakiest part to me was the zombie cab driver. Or rotten skeleton ghost man, or whatever he was. This one was "driving" a parked truck.

This will give you an idea of the general scene. There were many jack-o-lanterns on display and above us were strings of party lights. All of this made for an old fashioned and fun atmosphere.

This is the event's logo in what I assume was black light paint.

There were wonderfully up-lit skeletons and bones in the trees. I didn't even catch them for some time. Mom looked up and noticed these guys. 

If any of you are big fans of The Lost Boys, maybe you too will be reminded of the end of the movie when you look at this.

Look at that sassy skeleton to the side!

What my eyes first saw this as was a scarab, but on closer view it was a skull flanked by jawbones. 

There was a band playing, although they were on break when I took this picture. As you can see, they had a Nightmare Before Christmas set-up going.

Now to the pumpkins! Don't they look great with those intense blue lights? I especially like this photo because of the adorable kid in the skeleton outfit. That expression on her face is so sweet.


This photo is serving as my computer wallpaper right now.




I LOVE this carving! It looks like the guts are dripping. How careful did the carver have to be to cut around everything but these very thin lines? One slip of the knife and those details would be gone! 


This pumpkin is serving as my phone's background.

I was impressed by this sun carving too. Not only thin lines but that layered cutting. You know, where someone kind of shaves off a layer of pumpkin so the light glows through. 

This guy might be my favorite. He's up there anyway. Sinister! I can almost hear its evil pumpkin laughter. 


I hadn't seen this inflatable before. There's a lot going on with this spooky tree.

Every year, there are some lit-up jellyfish near the entrance/exit. 

See the fiberoptics? 

I realized this year that the jellyfish are made from lampshades, which you can see pretty clearly in this picture.

This pumpkin creature was standing in a yard near the park. Isn't he something? I'm so impressed by this creation. 

This nicely designed skull and plant combo was in the same yard.

This is a view from another nearby house. I really liked what they had going on with that skull under the porch light. That's an idea to tuck away. 

Well, there you have it! I really had a good time looking around and documenting all this creepy glowing goodness. I hope you all have a very Happy Halloween, however you end up celebrating! 🎃

6 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Justine! I was there last Friday and it was perfect weather and a great time. That "sun" pumpkin was carved by my nephew Andy who lives on Logan street now, so it was fun to pre game at his place before. Great pictures as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Halloween to you too! :) Then we were there on the same night! I wonder if we passed one another without knowing it? Yes, the weather was perfect. We've been so lucky this fall with the warm weather.

      Well, how about that! You can tell Andy that I was impressed by his carving skills. My aunt and uncle also live on Logan Street. Did Andy happen to have any Halloween decorations out in his yard? I may have noticed those as well. I've seen some cool Halloween decorations on Logan Street over the years.

      Did you see everything that I photographed while you were there?

      P.S. ~ I just downloaded Chrome and the blogger comments are now working better for me. I think you were the one who suggested Chrome. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Halloween Justine - Looks like they have really taken the decorations up a notch this year. You got photos of a lot of great props.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M ~ Happy Halloween to you too! :) Yeah! The up-lit decorations in the trees seemed new to me, although it's possible that I didn't look up there in the past. That glittering, shimmery zombie may have been new. And I don't think I remember seeing the one "driving" the truck. But I should look back at my own blog posts and see!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haunted Eve ~ Happy Halloween to you too! I hope you're having fun celebrating tonight. :)

      Delete