Monday, October 28, 2019

Meijer Halloween

I have one more Halloween store blog post for you guys! This will probably be the last one until after Halloween, as the holiday is only a few days away. And then you know how much fun I have with the After Halloween Hauls!

So these pics are going to be from a local Meijer store. I'm not sure how many of these are across the U.S. so I'll explain a bit. To me, Meijer is a lot like Target or Kmart. It started as a supermarket and still is, but it has a lot of good everything else too. I thought this one had a really unique Halloween section. I didn't see any of this stuff anywhere else!

Starting with this pretty scary swamp creature mask. It's hard to tell here, but its eyes were a green plastic.


This is a very realistic mask of what I'd think of as a kitchen witch. But I'm sure they called it something else. This creeps me out even though no one is wearing it.


They had quite a few Venetian style, crackled masks.


And how about this! A metallic, Steampunk werewolf mask.


Speaking of werewolves, here's a werewolf skull. It was pretty large. I would guess about the length of a ruler.


Fun, punk, plant-holding skulls:


I love these bowls!


Jack Skellington as maybe a planter or a large candy bowl?


A googly-eyed bee-dog?


And speaking of eyes, these are something different. I'm used to seeing more human looking eyes placed in flowers.


A box of shiny scarabs:


A fancy tarantula: 


This looks cooler here than it probably does in other situations. This is one of those skull goblets that I think looks really great with the store lighting reflecting off and through it.


Here's something pretty cool: A Harry Potter sorting hat that moves as it talks. I could see a mouth and eyes moving around in the folds as it called out the different school house names.


And this was just adorable. I know it's more harvest than Halloween. I'm not sure if the sloth is a pilgrim or what. Somehow I've joined the sloth bandwagon. There were so many cute sloths on things for Christmas last year, that I guess they wore me down!


And this little guy was the souvenir from the trip! I think he looks as real as a skeleton lizard can, crawling around on the sidewalk there.


Here he is hanging on the door:


Looking at the receipt, I saw that the lizard's name was "Sidekick" which I think is pretty cute. He's in the process of being painted lime green now.

2 comments: