Saturday, September 22, 2018

Halloween at Michaels ~ Another great skeleton selection!

This is going to be another long one, since these photos are from two different Michaels stores. The first Michaels had a lot of skeletons, and some of them were bringing the attitude.


Haha! What?


I guess this one looks grumpy enough, or maybe sultry?


I love this! The Evil Queen's spellbook:


Now, here's something very cool that I hadn't seen before: A Venus Flytrap garland! I think these are pretty realistic looking.


How about this "rabid squirrel"? That's what Michaels is calling it. I think it's gone a little beyond rabid, myself!



Witchy pumpkin creatures? I just noticed that cute little toad one is holding.



Onto the next Michaels! This store also had skeletons, but they were more cartoony. I think these were candy holders.



You're freaking meowt! I actually once used that cat clipart on the cover of a Halloween mix CD.


Another cute vintage looking cat. I'm imagining orange and black jellybeans in these jars.


A little bit of "Spooky Town", the bit I could get to over the barrier they had set up. So it looks like we have a carnival ride, a water tower, and a cool old haunted house in this town. And zooming waaaay in, I see a "Haunted House of Props". Things sure look different without all that Menards cobweb snow. 😁




That sprinkle of black glitter makes this eyeball look a little dirty.


This second Michaels had some awesome Day of the Dead decorations! I love this wreath, maybe even more than I love the Day of the Dead wreath at Target. I just looked at my last blog post, and yeah, this one is more full of flowers and the sugar skulls are more sugary.


A close-up:


Another candy holder?



Aww...


So is this about what you guys are seeing at your Michaels stores? Like I said in the Target post, I'm loving seeing all this Day of the Dead stuff! 

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing more Dia de los Muertos products too. Last year the best offerings oddly enough were at our Desert Botanical Gardens Gift Shop! I waited until they went on Sale and then bought the coveted OOAK Created ones that had been too spendy at full price. This year I'm disappointed in the selection at Big Box Stores, seems spartan compared to previous years... even tho' Target usually brings it... this year they have fallen short IMO. Boo Hoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bohemian ~ Nice! I looked up the Desert Botanical Gardens Gift Shop, hoping to see some Halloween or Day of the Dead stuff. I didn't see any up yet. It's possible I was on a different store's web site.

      Oh, I've been pretty happy with the big box stores' selection around here. (As you could tell from all my shopping blog posts) :) But these places are all different regionally. So it could be that I lucked into a great selection of stuff. I'm pretty pleased with what Target has out. As I saw in your other comment, we ended up with more stuff than you did. Maybe you'll see more Halloween at Target as time passes?

      Delete