Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Gorgeous Gourds! Menards Halloween ~ Part 2

Onto the second of my two Menards Halloween posts! You can check out my previous blog post to see Part 1. That one was about spooky Halloween decorations, mainly sinister gnomes. This post is going to be a series of photos of the amazing variety of gourds in the Menards garden area.

I was surprised to see so many different gourds at Menards! I'm used to seeing the standard orange pumpkins and pots of mums there. I saw at least one gourd during this trip that I'd never seen before.



These seem like they should be called "Jester Pumpkins" or "Harlequins" because of their bright colors and patterns. They're just so festive!


From what I've found online, this pumpkin is called "The Red Warty Thing".


Here's the one that was new to me. This might be an anomaly, or there might be a type of gourd that generally looks like this. Let me know if you guys know! There was only one of these on the shelf.


Pretty in Pink! Isn't that a cool stem?



I think a pretty pastel pumpkin display could be made with the pink, light sage green, and white pumpkins. I've seen some fake pumpkins in nontraditional colors this year. Super light colored fall stuff seems to be in style this year. I believe this green pumpkin is a Jarrahdale.


I was really happy with how the light hit these white pumpkins for my photos.


I usually see a white pumpkin marked as a "Ghost Pumpkin" or "Casper" but those might be the tiny ones. I'm still thinking about maybe painting a white pumpkin as a sparkly donut after being inspired by the ones at At Home.


The standards looking pretty in the sun:



There was a container full of corn stalks next to the pumpkins. They looked so pretty with the light shining through them.



I spotted this in the garden section and thought it was too cute not to share. I think it's a little fairy house.


So, there's some of what Menards has going in their outdoor section. Pretty surprising selection, hey?

If you'd like to read about different varieties of pumpkins, this is a pretty cool site: The Weird and Warty

Just wait until you see the "Peanut Pumpkin" on there! It's aptly named.

I took a trip to Target today and they were nearly finished putting the Halloween stuff on the shelves. Of course I took some photos! So you might see Target or Michaels on here next. 

4 comments:

  1. Those are interesting colors, and loved the post, Justine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorelei ~ Thank you! :) And yes, I thought they had some interesting colors too. I've been surprised to see so many pastel pumpkins lately.

      Delete
  2. One of my fav pursuits is to find the best selection of the Hybrid Pumpkins and Gourds around the City... ours are not out yet, probably becoz it's still over 100 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Bohemian ~ Oooh, over 100 degrees. Well, that doesn't help with getting in the autumn spirit, does it? The weather turned to fall overnight here. I was out in jeans and a t-shirt/flannel/hoodie combo today.

      Delete