Monday, August 17, 2026

Spooky new finds at the mall

I have a mix of fun Halloween stuff to share. I saw these items while out and about at the mall yesterday. There are so many Halloween-themed goodies out there that I could be picky and choose my favorites from each shop. Starting with T.J. Maxx, as expected everything looked different from the last time I was there. I'm not sure how quickly the Halloween stuff sells there, but it was like a different store from a few weeks ago. 

Starting with this goofball! How funny is he? It looks like he has marshmallow teeth. Someone probably has stuck marshmallow teeth into a real pumpkin with toothpicks at some point.

I love this little guy. Again, how classic! He looks like he could fit in with some of what Michael's has to offer this year. 🎃

This next one is a candle, which I included because it has something different. The "Autumn Apparition" label is pretty enough, but wait until you see the lid.

How neat is that? It comes with its own little apparition on the top. This looks like a chalkboard ghost.

I'm not sure if you guys can tell, but this giant bow is made of metal. So it won't lose its shape. This bow is actually from the Martha Stewart brand.

This next decoration is so fun! This old-fashioned looking TV set is pretty cute even if it did nothing, but you press the button on top and...

Woo! Skeleton party time! They spin around and the lights flash and some kind of party (rap?) music plays. It's really fun.

T.J. Maxx had a few packs of coffee from the "Bones Coffee Company". Are you guys familiar with that brand? I love the "From Dusk Till Donuts" label in part because I love the movie From Dusk Till Dawn, but also because... everything else about this design.

This one looks like something for those skeletons inside the TV set. "Electric Unicorn - Fruity Cereal". I wouldn't know what to expect from this. Fruity Pebbles flavored? Again, great packaging design.

And then, there's this - "What the Fluff?!" I laughed out loud when I saw this one. I mean, I laughed at the name. The art is yikes. Has the skeleton mad scientist filled them with evil cotton candy fluff? What the fluff is going on in this picture?

This picture was taken through the glass case at the fancy jewelry counter. I think that's mostly Betsey Johnson jewelry under there.


A closer look:

After T.J. Maxx, I revisited Spirit Halloween to see what they had added in the past week. They had a number of miniature backpack coin purses out. I thought this little Mystery Machine one was adorable.

They had some new press on nails out too. These funky nails were in the Hippie section:

For being called a "Killer Jester" I thought this mask was pretty.

They had out tons of socks too. How creepy would these Jeepers Creepers socks be peeking out from under some pants legs? 👀

Little selfie bat and ghost!

This is a close-up view of a tray. Check out the eyes on the sand castle.

Beetlejuice fans will understand the shape of this frame and the finger. Look up "Beetlejuice fireplace" and you'll see that a number of people have actually built their own.

It took a number of tries to photograph this mirror without someone's reflection in it. You can see a bit of what the store looks like in the reflection, though.

OK, so this section is a little off color, but they have some Jack the Ripper and Lizzy Borden themed things. I personally wouldn't want to go there with some of those decorations, but this Jack bust is pretty cool.

I mean, a skeleton with a mustache!

And these! Pink Chihuahua skeletons. They're probably about the size of a real Chihuahua.


So moving on to the Rock America store. I don't think I've taken pictures here before, but this would be a good place for you fellow Halloween people to shop. Starting with the window display. Can any of you tell me what band this shirt goes with? I'm sure it goes with a band and part of me thinks I should know.

A close-up of the eye escaping from the socket:


They have so many T-shirts! Wall after wall of them. So here is part of the Horror shirt display. I'm seeing things here I didn't even notice at the time.

The Boogeyman up there is hands down my favorite. I'm a big fan of the original Halloween and this sort of comic design with the retro font and border is great. I like the colors too. I found the shirt online and as you probably guessed, the whole words are "The Boogeyman Followed Me Home".

If you guys have a Rock America store nearby, they have a sale going now with those shirts on the wall. It's a buy three, get $10 off sale I think. 

Rock America has more Grateful Dead shirts than you can shake a stick at! 💀🌹🐻 This Tarot one is a favorite of mine. And I'm counting cool skeleton shirts as part of my theme.

So there's a glimpse of what's new and spooky at the mall. I'm sure there will be much more in the coming months, and you know I'll keep you updated. 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment