Saturday, October 26, 2024

Michael's Candy Colored Halloween

I bet a lot of you have been to Michael's over the past few months. Yesterday was my first time there this season, so I have no idea what they had for Halloween before this! Well, maybe I had a slight clue because of the Michael's commercials on TV. Maybe you saw the one with those creepy twins. One twin bought all white decorations and the other bought all black decorations. I saw a bit of the ghostly white collection, but I'll get to that later.

I'll start with what I'll call the pink collection. I have always loved pink and black together. This skeleton was fuzzy to the touch.

Bubblegum pink is so cute for Halloween. I've seen some pastel Halloween stuff this year, but I prefer the bright pink. My grade school self would have been going wild for this collection. Actually, my grade school self would have been thrilled to see this much Halloween stuff in stores, period.

"Yikes"

How great is this retro font?

This feels retro too. It's probably a take on "Feelin' Groovy", especially with those flowers. 🌸

I think I can call these ombre, even though they're not the same color fading from light to dark. I have that rat, by the way, just in plain rat bone color. This rat is nearly the size of the cat next to him, so I guess he has nothing to worry about!

Even a buzzard looks cheerful in these colors.

I actually thought this was for Christmas, until I saw the bat on top. There are so many non-traditional colors for holidays now that it's hard to tell. And now there are trees for several holidays too.

A better look at the bat:

There was a matching wreath:

Michael's still had a number of bright Halloween wreaths left. See the little Beetlejuice spirals in this one?

Giant pompoms:

These were fuzzy decorative shapes with beaded ropes attached. It's hard to explain, unless you've seen them. You probably hang them off something. I just looked on the Michael's web site, and they're calling these "wall decor". So I guess what you hang them off of is the wall. I think they'd look good as part of a wreath.

OK, so back to what I was talking about before - The ghostly white collection. On first glance, this looks like Shabby Chic. If a person had a light Shabby Chic look going already, this could be a subtle Halloween addition to it. 

See what I mean? It looks like Shabby Chic until you get up close. I didn't catch what was going on in that cathedral window at first. 

It says "Welcome to our Haunted Manor" on that sign.

Michael's had a few nontraditional critters, like this scorpion. There were actually a few different scorpion decorations. They had Venus Fly Traps and just funky looking carnivorous plants. I wasn't fond of most of them because they looked too real. But cake anything in silver glitter and I will suddenly find it cool.

There was a little bit of traditional Halloween left. There were tons of spools of ribbon. Looking at this pic, I'm wanting to go back for all three of these. But what would I do with them? All I can ever think of for decorative ribbon is garlands and wreaths. And I don't need more garlands or wreaths! 

These tall signs seem to be everywhere this year, but I thought that one in the middle was a little different. 


This spooky cat eye is part of the magnifying glass.

I always seem to end my Halloween shopping posts with a Day of the Dead picture or two. My thinking is that the holiday comes just after Halloween so that's where the pics go! Isn't this a fun pillow? I have a feeling that Michael's had a lot of great Day of the Dead items but I missed them. 

So, did you guys buy any items from these collections? I may go back after Halloween and see what is left, although I suspect not much will be. I can always make an excuse to get more Halloween picks, because those can go anywhere. Some of those fuzzy beaded rope things could be worked in here and there and I love the colors. If I have an After Halloween Haul, you know I'll post it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment