Friday, October 18, 2024

A Bright, Neon, 90s Inspired Halloween at Target

Target's Halloween theme is so fun this year for anyone (like me) who is into that 90s neon nostalgia. Just look at this light-up sign! 

The entrance to the main Halloween section in back welcomes you in like this:

I love this guy! Check out the bat on his guitar. His hands moved somewhat and he sang something. I can't actually remember what he sang, but his voice reminded me of Alice Cooper's. 

The star around his eye is a nice touch too.

Little plush skulls. I love neon pink and green! That's my childhood right there. The glasses and mohawk theme is something you're going to see a few times here.

Like on this bird...

An aerobics instructor pumpkin character! She gave all kinds of instructions like she was leading a class back in the day. See her shirt? "Pumpkin Iron" 🎃

I'm not sure what this is. Maybe it's some kind of lava lamp? I can tell you one thing, though. Those phones were driving me nuts! I tried to lift the receivers to make them stop and then they had even more to say. It was one of those situations where you just have to run away.

Here's another cool entrance! What a great way to display some witch costumes.

Speaking of costumes, can you tell what this pet costume is?

A Target cart! I thought it was hilarious. 

And a person could dress up as "Bullseye" The Target dog to match their pet. 

More fun vintageness! We're going a few decades back from the 90s here. I think these could be cool as part of a decoration. I've seen pictures of wreaths people make with a mask like this in the middle. 

These are like those mini neon plastic skeletons that are given out as treats or party favors. I use the little ones as bookmarks. You can snap an arm off the ribcage and it can hold your page.

This guy was pretty tall. Something about the "Hi, my name is Lewis" sign cracks me up.

This was my favorite large-scale prop. He kind of sang/rapped in some retro way. I think he said his name was Bruce. 

His eyes and ribcage lit up slowly. 

Inflatables that are part of the neon collection:

So cute. I'm just noticing his mohawk now. 

Target had a nice selection of cups and dishes. They use a lot of melamine. I noticed it was bamboo melamine this time.

These pirate plates were heavy ceramic. I'm imagining a pirate-themed table now.

Dish towels:

Neon collection plastic cups with straws:

And a few fun plates:

Actually, this one was more of a shallow bowl.

Fluffy kitchen/bathroom towels:

I'm going to end with the Day of the Dead section that was back by the Halloween.


All these bright colors go well with the neon Halloween collection.


Every year at Target is different. I think most of us remember our favorite themes over the years. This year's theme is one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment