Friday, August 16, 2024

Jo-Ann's Halloween 2024

Alright! I finally went through all of my Jo-Ann's photos. This is going to be a long post, so it might surprise you to know that I already weeded out a ton of other photos. I decided to just share my favorites, which it appears I had a lot of. :) I can't remember a time when Jo-Ann's had this much Halloween stuff!

So when I first walked through the door, I saw these massive pumpkin towers and urns. And as you can see, behind those is their Autumn floral section.

My favorite pic of the flowers is this ombre one.

These were by the front door too. The black skulls are hollow inside and are super big planters. At least that's what I would do with these. It's kind of hard to tell the size of the skulls here, but you could get a big plant inside one of these. 

This towering skeleton was by the front door too. I am seeing these everywhere now. I actually saw one wearing a pink scarf at the TJ Maxx entrance yesterday. This one even has a name tag. The Jo-Ann's skeleton is 8 ft tall. I'm remembering the popular ones from the hardware stores being 12 ft tall. Is that right? By the way, a few houses around here had those massive skeletons out all year. I'm thinking it was a storage issue, but I enjoyed seeing them. Especially at the house where the skeletons were dressed up differently for each holiday.

So I'm going to keep going with the skeleton theme and post all the traditional skeletons and skulls first. What I mean by "traditional" is more-or-less the size, shape, and color of a human skull.


I love this character! I'm thinking this is probably one of those hanging skeleton ghoulies. 

These are my favorites of the many pillows they had.

I feel like I may have seen an actual carved pumpkin that looked something like this. Like someone had carved a skull out of pumpkin's skin and sandwiched it between two pumpkin halves. And I know some stores sell those arms that you can add to pumpkins now. 

These skeletons were shimmery silver. I'm not sure if that comes across here, but they kind of shimmered as you moved past them. And as I recall, the shimmery skeletons were on black velvety background. 

How pretty are these? I would probably like anything made out of this material.

This reminds me of X-Rays.


OK, switching from skeletons to pumpkins! You know how there are a lot of variations on those vintage ceramic light-up trees now. I'm pretty sure I've seen Halloween ones before, but what I'm remembering is candy corn colors. I know this is the first time I've seen one with a jack-o-lantern topper.

Metal yard art:

These look similar to the metal yard art, but they're like the plastic medium-sized hanging skeletons.


You might remember these neon, velvety pumpkins from last year's trip. 

This one was actually part of my phone's wallpaper through last October. 

Jo-Ann's had a lot of decorative Halloween boxes in different sizes. I had to limit myself with the pictures, so this is my favorite design.

They had a nice selection of Halloween ornaments too. This was by far my favorite one. Do any of you guys decorate trees for Halloween? I was at Dollar Tree last night and they had some mini Halloween trees and ornaments out. The ones at Jo-Ann's were more for a large Halloween tree, like the size you might think of for Christmas. 

They had some very cute vintage Halloween designs on their kitchen products.

I think this cat on a pumpkin is my favorite, but they're all great towels.

Here are a few of their plates. Check out the skeleton dip tray down there.


Now we're getting into kind of larger, resin, Misc. decorations. 

The skeleton hands holding a spooky book:

The skeleton hands holding a sewing machine:

That sewing machine decoration would have been a real hit back when this store focused more on sewing. 

A Gothic looking church window behind a pile of skulls:

That Goth decoration seems kind of random but I think it could work with some candles on the skulls. If you're going for a certain look. Actually that sounds like an altar or something. I don't know... 

And the resin book on a stand:

Now this one is pretty cool when you look up close. 

I always like their wood paintable decorations. This is a dangerous section for me. I think I've probably hit my limit with painting little wood things from Jo-Ann's and Dollar Tree for the holidays. I'm not saying I'm done, it's just where do they go?

The Tarot card garland and cat garland are very cute. And it looks like that other garland is phases of the moon.

OK, so this is the more magical, witchy-woman, shiny stuff section. Jo-Ann's started with this in June and I thought "OK Jo-Ann's, you have some decorations left from last Halloween and you're trying to rebrand this as mystical lady decor." Which, by the way would have worked. But no, this is part of their Halloween stuff.

A pearlized planchette tray and a palmistry tray:

The celestial towel and mug section:

Like TJ Maxx, Jo-Ann's had a lot of fun mugs to photograph. This time I limited myself a bit. I like this design because it looks like an antique label off a poison bottle and of course "pick your poison" is a clever thing to put on a mug. All of their mugs are clever.



It's always fun when the reflection in a mirror photo turns out like this. 



Back to the skeletons! This is the non-traditional section. Meaning non-human for the most part or crazy colors.

Of course they had the standard white skeleton animals of every type. I think these are either donkeys or ponies. 

How great are these skeleton gnomes!? I bet someone has done something funny with a bunch of these in their yard. 

There is something about the hat and beard being the same color as the skeleton. It's just funny. I guess the hat and beard could be painted. 

The neon rainbow skeletons were so cool! This reminds me of something on a Lisa Frank folder.

And this is I guess just a little rainbow skeleton man?  

These neon skeletons are so fun! They could have travelled to Jo-Ann's from the 90s.


And how about this metallic oil-slick flamingo skeleton? They actually had a bunch of metallic skeletons at Dollar Tree last night. They weren't this shiny, though. 

I'm ending with these adorable socks. They actually had even more than what's on this one rack. I love them all, but especially those "Let's go ghouls" socks at the bottom.

So there we have it! I'm curious if Jo-Ann's has even more out by now. I can't imagine where they'd put it, though. I bet Michael's has their Halloween out too. We have our Michael's back, so I can actually go in person this time! 🎃

2 comments:

  1. As ever, I must envy your access to so much seasonal swag! Some Fall homewares are starting to trickle into the stores that do them here. Fab photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison ~ Hey there! How have you been? Oh yeah, we have plenty of Halloween goodies in the stores this year. I'd say we're more fully stocked than we have been in some time. If you ever came here during the Halloween season and did some shopping, I wonder how many suitcases of Halloween items you'd return with? ;) I hope you see more Fall/Halloween stuff in your stores soon. It's bound to catch on! And thanks for the compliment on my photos. :)

      Delete