Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A Great Variety of Gourds at Stein's!

I've been saving some photos from this year's trip to Stein's for Halloween week. You guys are probably pretty familiar with the store from previous blog posts. For those who aren't, Stein's is a garden store with some gift items. 

I have a lot of different pumpkin varieties to share from this trip. I love looking at all the different kinds of gourds, especially on a bright sunny day. A lucky trip to Stein's is one where the sky is bright blue, because that makes for a nice contrast with the pumpkins. 

Fall is Fantastic! 🦋

I have a soft spot in my heart for miniature pumpkins and I love photographing big groups of them.

Gourds come in so many different shapes and color patterns. There's a seemingly endless number of styles. 

A swan gourd!

These "Orange Sparkler" Pumpkins were some of my favorites. This photo became the wallpaper on my computer for the first part of October. 

Pie Pumpkins:

"Royalty" Pumpkins:

"Tiger Stripe" Pumpkins:

"Casper" Pumpkins:

"Snowbaby" Pumpkins:

"Blanco" Pumpkins, which I think were a little larger than the "Snowbabies"

The "Blue Doll" Pumpkin:


I always like to see the fall floral that's out with the pumpkins. Here are a few of my favorite flowers from that day.



These were labeled as "Spintop Yellow Touch Blanketflower".

I'm not sure why, but I only see these vibrant little decorative peppers in the fall. These peppers must be mature in the summer too. 

These decorative cabbages also only turn up with the fall floral. Again, I don't know why! The peppers and cabbages both look good with the mums, though. 

As expected, Stein's had some ceramic pumpkin and ghost decorations. These are pretty large scale. I've seen some similar ones in front of the grocery store lately. I imagine these would look pretty cool lit up.

The Stein's fence that is always in front of the parking lot looks perfect with these.

I always wondered what was going on with this figure. Are you supposed to burn something in the lower pumpkin?

I like seeing this friendly ghost each year. He reminds me of Casper.

Now to the gift items inside the store. There weren't a ton, but then I did take these pics in September. One could argue that I'd have to if I wanted to see any Halloween items! 

Kind of a funny tall hat on this one.

I got a kick out of this guy. He's ready for winter! Or actually right now. I've been wearing a winter hat this past week. I just noticed that photobombing little whatever above his head.

Boo! Note the Christmas stuff that was already out in September. There were Christmas trees out and everything!

Here's a sentiment I think we can all agree with:

Another cute towel:

A few signs:



How cool is this pillow? Pretty fancy with the sequins.

I hope you guys enjoyed the 2021 tour of Stein's! I thought they had a pretty nice array of gourds this year. Stein's is a Wisconsin store, but you can check out the Halloween part of their web site here: 

Steins home and outdoor Halloween decor

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely place to shop. What a fabulous selection of pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M ~ It is! This is a store I look forward to visiting every autumn, although I enjoy looking at the flowers and herbs during summer too. During autumn, it feels almost like a pumpkin patch. Actually, this place has more variety than any pumpkin patch I've been to!

      Delete
  2. You must have had a blast! Great photos, I love those ceramic jack o'lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nebulosus ~ I did have a blast! I look forward to visiting this store every autumn. Thanks! :) Glad you liked the photos. I'd like to see what those ceramic jack-o-lanterns look like lit up.

      Delete