Thursday, August 5, 2021

Halloween at JoAnn's ~ 2021

The Halloween items are starting to emerge in stores! So far, the best selection I've seen is at JoAnn's. My local store appears to have half stocked the shelves for Halloween, but I wanted to share what they have up so far. You know how things have been going lately, with people buying up holiday stuff the minute it hits the shelves! So I figured that if you guys wanted to get your hands on any of this, I better share what's out there right away.

So how cute is this jack-o-lantern decoration? For those of you who remember Target's past Halloween themes, you'll find this familiar. Target had a classic three pumpkin design going years back. In fact, I have that design on a t-shirt.

You can see what I mean about the half-stocked shelves here. I figure I can always add to this post with more pics or do a JoAnn's Halloween Part 2 if I like what fills those shelves.


JoAnn's had a series of what I'd call classic signs. Actually a lot of what I'm going to share is "classic" Halloween.


This is kind of a box frame sign. 

The surprised looking cat on the tray below is pretty similar if not identical to a piece of clip art I've used. Ah ha! Found it. The image I'm talking about is the second one on this page: 

Graphics Fairy Black Cat Clipart Page

So, it was pretty similar. If you haven't been to The Graphics Fairy site before, you should really check it out. It's an awesome place to find free vintage Halloween clipart images.

I thought some of the best designs at the store were on paper plates and napkins.

I would like to have a t-shirt based off that striped plate. I'm picturing a black and white striped shirt with a pumpkin on it. I think JoAnn's could sell some shirts matching their decor.

These napkins were funny to me for some reason. The spider wants candy?

This runner matches the paper plates and napkins I showed above.

I could be wrong, but I think that's a skeleton apron with matching skeleton hand oven mitt. 

There's that surprised cat again. "Creepin' It Real" 😸


This was my favorite towel. It's on that "After Halloween Haul" list in my head. I mean, assuming there's anything left after Halloween!

Decorative boxes:


A few wood cut-outs were on display. The wood cut-out section is a favorite of mine. It's fun to paint the cut-outs they sell for every holiday.

Either of these would look great on a door! I'm not sure how I'd paint the one above. Maybe spray paint it all black with some black glitter? I'd probably paint the one below as a classic black crow on a white skull.

These are taking a little more imagination for me. I think the first countdown could be pretty cool in all kinds of bright colors.

And then there were the garlands and wreaths. This area was very well stocked. 


This picture just reminded me of those candy corn scatters I got from Michaels a few years ago. 

I call these "Vampire Roses" 🌹 I think the red looked cooler than what you see here. You know how that store lighting can be on the color red. This is coming off as a tomato red or something.


You're looking at glittery bats. I know they're kind of camouflaged. 

So there's what JoAnn's had out for Halloween so far! What do you guys think? 

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

Dollar Tree is just starting to fill their shelves with Halloween goodies and those goodies are going fast. If you see something you like there, get it while you can. Here's my mini Dollar Tree haul... 

Dollar Tree has a few "wood pallet" style wall hangers. The bat was my absolute favorite. I'm still trying to decide how to paint this. I might do a kind of dark, rustic stain or just pitch black. This bat could look cute hanging in a large wreath.

These plaid leaves could look good in a wreath too. Or maybe one could be attached to a picture frame.

The regular Dollar Tree wired LED lights are a hit with me, so I have high hopes for these orange ones. I already like the orange wires. You can get the orange lights on black wires too.

And check out this glittery skull pick! What a deal for one dollar. He's a menacing little skull, peering over that rose. I think this will look cool in with some bright flowers. Maybe bright pink and orange?

I'll have to check out some of the blogs I follow, because I'm betting other people have been posting pics of Halloween items. 💀 Let me know if any of you have been to Michaels, because I'm guessing they're putting out their Halloween stuff now.

2 comments:

  1. As always, the annual Halloween envy starts with me about now. You have so much choice and early on too. I'm afraid it will be late September and sparse at that before I see anything Fall/Halloween related here in England. I will have to content myself with sighing over photos like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison ~ Hey! How have you been? I was just thinking of you. Yeah, time for our yearly conversation about the Halloween goodies. ;) Well, I'm not sure how much there will be for you to envy this year. Whatever Halloween stuff hits the shelves is moving right away. So I am going to have to be fast to photograph it. I found a little more at Dollar Tree and I'll update this post with that. Chances are good that JoAnn's will get something else. The shelves were about half full when I was taking these photos. Chances are good that I'll find some unique things at TJ Maxx!

      Delete