Thursday, October 1, 2020

The First of October's Full Moons

Hello everyone! Well, tonight there was a beautiful and very bright full moon out there. It was so bright that it was hard to capture a clear photo of it. At least with my camera, a very bright moon will cast some pink and purple lights around my pictures and things will look a little fuzzy. But I stood out in the cold and eventually got some pics I'm happy with! 

Look how bright that is! I don't even understand that glow coming off the top of the moon. It's sort of sun-like. 

Does it feel like autumn yet where you guys are? Tonight it felt like autumn was crossing into winter out there. I just checked and yeah, it is now 46°. It felt colder, probably because it's a damp night. It's going to be near freezing overnight. Pretty cold for October 1st. 

And yeah, October 1st! Where did that come from? Time is moving so fast. But I am of course excited to be getting into the Halloween season.

So I got a few nearly full moon pics last night. It had more of a harvest moon look at that point. I'll share a couple of those pics here.

Did you know that this is the first of two full moons this month? The second full (and blue) moon will be on Halloween night! How exciting is that?

I'll definitely be looking to the skies on October 31. I think you guys will be interested in what the Farmers Almanac has to say about the Halloween moon:


A Rare Halloween Blue Moon in 2020 - Mark Your Calendars!



4 comments:

  1. Everything about Halloween this year (full moon, on a Saturday) was aligned for the perfect holiday. Everything, that is, except Covid 19!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M ~ True, although nature is one thing Covid can't take away. I have been thinking that while out gardening, walking, or taking my moon photos. There's still something bigger than all of us and this virus. So, the full moon will still be up there on the 31st! And there are still plenty of fun Halloween activities, aside from big get-togethers. I'm assuming there won't be a lot of bar hopping this year. I'm Assuming...

      Have you thought about what you might do on this Halloween?

      Delete
  2. We were lucky enough to get some glimpses of the full moon in between the intermittent cloud cover. It definitely sets the proper Halloween mood for October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haunted Eve ~ Oh, it totally does! I'm hoping we get an amazing moon for Halloween night. It's kind of exciting when the moon peeks in and out of the clouds, isn't it? It feels like a real treat when you see all of the moon, especially if you're trying to photograph it!

      Delete