Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Halloween at Marshalls & HomeGoods

I have more Halloween merchandise to share with you guys! This time we'll be visiting a store that has both Marshalls and HomeGoods on its sign. I'm guessing that's a little unusual. This store had a great selection of Halloween home decor. A lot of what I'm going to show you is stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else.


He's snazzy:


I love these wreaths made of vintage illustrations! Sometimes I recognize images on these from old postcards I've seen. Like those two scared kids with the book at the top of the wreath. I have them out in postcard form each Halloween.


Same thing with that little witch/cat at the bottom of this one.


Just adorable.


They're still making Shiny Brite ornaments!


I think I like the box even better than what's inside.


A witchy serving figure. You could probably fit one cupcake on that tray. 😊


This Marshalls/HomeGoods had a really nice pumpkin selection. I like fancy glass pumpkins. You can see a bit of a cute Pumpkin Patch sign behind these two. I have been seeing so many pumpkin patch signs this year. I'm feeling inspired to make one.



How pretty is this? It has a kind of cracked mercury glass look. I just looked that up and according to the internet, it's "crackled mercury glass". That does sound better than "cracked" glass!


I think this one is pretty realistic. It looks like one of those Jarrahdale pumpkins.


And how about this little cutie? This looks like another vintage inspired Halloween item. I think it could have gone with the vintage inspired collection I saw at Michaels this year. I also think this design would look good on a t-shirt.


Here's something pumpkin related ~ A pretend pumpkin spice latte machine. There's something cute and retro looking about this. And I see there's an unintentional selfie going on.


Little Monster:


I'm feeling like I blogged a pic of something similar to this already. Maybe I saw a similar Dracula candy bowl in Michaels? Anyway, it's cute so here it is again (maybe).


I love these sugar skull glasses! Actually, there are all kinds of cool things going on in this picture. I think I want to have everything in it. There's a really great ceramic serving plate in the background.


These are really cool, but I'm trying to figure out what they are. Giant parfait bowls? Cake stands where the cake sits inside the glass?


In similar silhouette design, here are some neat candles. I'm not sure if they're real or not.



I love this haunted house! I'm not sure if it's a candle holder, but I think it would look neat with lights in the windows.


Here's a closer look at the skull candle:


I think I remember sniffing this Peppered Tabac scent. I'm remembering something lightly vanilla scented.


I'm getting a kick out of this for whatever reason.


Get ready for some fun towels!





"Purranormal Cativity" 😸 I just had to google these and make sure they're towels. They were looking as lush as a soft blanket here. It's been a while since I took these pics, so I couldn't quite remember. There appear to be a number of Purranormal Cativity towels of different types for sale online.


Now onto some actual blankets! How cute are these Halloween cupcakes?


Halloween gnomes! I love the candy corn hat on that one. I was struggling with Photoshopping the bad store lighting off this pic. The blanket looks better in person. The lights in that store were giving my photos a yellow cast.


In other gnominess:


I'm digging that dark metallic pumpkin behind him. I just noticed that.

How great is this packaging!? Inside are a bunch of cupcake decorations.


Festive soap dispensers:


I saw this "Bone Head" while waiting in line. You know the way these stores have a lot of cool stuff on shelves to tempt you on your way to pay. I don't think it's technically a Halloween product, but it's a skeleton. It's also pretty clever. I wonder what it's like to use this comb?


I saw this on the way out too. These ballerina skeletons were on some ceramic dishes.


Pretty good selection, hey? I'm thinking this is going to be the last Halloween store blog post for a while, but I may have said that before. 😆

I hope you guys are into car shows because I'm going to take you to a really good one in the next blog post. You're going to see not just awesome vintage cars, but some surprisingly spooky vehicles. I'm really looking forward to sharing those photos!

2 comments:

  1. That is an excellent selection. Several things in there I would purchase if I was consuming this year. Love the haunted house candles and the kitty towels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M ~ Yeah, I thought so too! Of all the Marshalls/HomeGoods/TJ Maxx kind of stores I've been to this season, this one had the most Halloween stuff.

      Ah yes, the consuming. I know, it puts a damper on shopping when you realize how much you have! Especially with the larger items. I picked up a few Halloween things so far, but I'm definitely thinking about size now.

      Yeah, I thought those candles were awesome. I'm sure they look cool lit up. I have some similar (fake) candles but the background on mine is orange. And those kitty towels were pretty tempting!

      Delete