Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Halloween at Tuesday Morning and Jo-Ann's

This is going to be a sort of quick blog post next to the one I was planning to write. I have a whole set of Renaissance Faire pics ready to go, but it takes a long time to go through those and choose what to share. So in the meantime, I thought it would make more sense to fit in a shorter Halloween shopping post.

I like his blingy teeth. I actually use that glitter ribbon on a lot of crafts.

So we're starting at Tuesday Morning. I'm assuming these stores are all around the U.S.? This location had some pretty good stuff. I think I'm mostly digging the Day of the Dead items this year, no matter what store we're talking.






These pumpkins seemed sort of Day of the Dead to me, I guess because of their coloring. They're like nothing I've seen before. I like them.


This towel might be my favorite Halloween item at Tuesday Morning:


I'm just noticing how heavy on the skeletons this trip to Tuesday Morning was! This seems to be a good skeleton year in all the stores I've been to, or maybe that's just what I'm focusing on. These next skeletons went with a kind of haunted carnival theme. They would probably look pretty cool paired with the fortune telling stuff at Michaels.


5¢ tickets sound like a good deal, no matter what they're for.


The next two seem like relics from a pirate ship:


I feel inspired to do something glamorous with a skull after seeing this one:


The few items that aren't skeleton related are these canisters with a "pickled" theme. I just now noticed that spiderweb design on the lids.


Oh, and they're "100% Pure Unprocessed" Good to know. 😄


How cool is this treat bowl?


Lastly, I ran across these metallic stickers. I'm not sure if they're the kind you sort of paint on or transfer or if they're just regular stickers. You can see a bit of the 3D ones in the next package. There's so much going on in that little coffin sticker. That would make a nice addition to a scrapbook page.


Now onto Jo-Ann's! This sign advertising their Halloween stuff may have been the best thing there.


I think this adorable cat is a dip or salsa container because its tail is one of those little spreading knives.



A witchy hand pick:


I like these pressed metal craft pieces. This skeleton is a pretty large one.


There were a few new skeleton animals at Jo-Ann's. This cute dog reminds me of Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas. There's something funny about a skeleton dog with a bone in his mouth!


And the skeleton bunny was new to me. He looks ready to spring here.


I love this next pic, because with this angle it looks like the bunny took his own selfie.


I'm amazed at how many different animal skeletons are out there. Each year, I think I've seen them all and then, surprise! Look at this little creeper:


I like the metallic finishes I'm seeing on some skeletons this year.



Unicorn skull!


And I really liked what I'm going to call these "chalkboard skeletons". Not that there is any chalkboard involved here, that's just what they remind me of. Kind of a chalkboard X-Ray.



This makes me laugh for whatever reason.



I guess you could place two of those eye pumpkins above the mouth pumpkin and make a face? I didn't see a nose pumpkin, although that would have been hilarious.

This is about the only Day of the Dead item I saw at Jo-Ann's. These pillows are pretty fun with the large pom-poms.


I like that ribbon with the full moon and bats. I think something interesting could be done with that really glittery one too. I'm not sure what. Maybe it could make a good addition to a costume.


That 'Welcome' sign with the bottles was one of my favorite items at Jo-Ann's. I feel inspired to recreate it in one way or another.


Doesn't this owl remind you of an old ad? Yes! I found it after a bit of searching. The Red Owl food store logo.


And I'm sharing a pic of these little bottles, because I think they'd be a fun addition to a little magic apothecary type display. You could fill any little bottle with glitter or sequins and get a cool result. I might just do that.


So there's that supposedly "quick" blog post! 😉 Turns out I had more photos than I remembered. Do you guys have a local Tuesday Morning, and if so did it have pretty much the same selection you saw here?

8 comments:

  1. I had no idea Tuesday Morning carried Halloween stuff. When I have visited in the past, they have not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M ~ Yeah, and they have a pretty good selection too! It's worth a visit. I thought they had a great supply of Day of the Dead stuff.

      Delete
  2. I really like those pumpkins as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob ~ Yeah, they're something unique with those bright colors and patterns. Lately, I haven't felt super surprised by the Halloween stuff I've seen in stores, but there have been a few fun surprises like those pumpkins. Have you been doing any Halloween shopping?

      Delete
  3. Wow! These decorations are quite fabulous. I haven't been to Tuesday Mornings in quite some time, but this reminds me that I definitely need to go back. I've been hanging in Walmart, Michaels and Dollar Tree for decorations that are perfect for all my planners. Your pics are great! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RO ~ Hey there! Yes, I would say that Tuesday Morning is worth a visit this Halloween season. They have a pretty strong Day of the Dead section too. I don't think I've checked out Walmart's Halloween stuff yet, but I've seen some cool things at Michaels and Dollar Tree. And Thanks ~ I'm glad you enjoyed the pics! :)

      Delete
  4. The Tarot Card Reading Calavera I particularly Love, haven't seen one of those anywhere! I'm trawling every store I can think of to see what this Season brings in the way of Holiday Merchandise for Halloween and Dia de los Muertos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bohemian ~ Yeah, that Tarot Card Skellie is a unique find. Perfect for a haunted carnival theme. Do you have a lot of Day of the Dead stuff? This seems to be another good year for it!

      Delete