Thursday, December 20, 2018

Unusual Christmas Gifts at Steins

This is going to be a quick post about some unusual finds at Steins. You might remember this store from my trips to it around Halloween. This is the place with lots of pumpkins. I was surprised and interested in enough Christmas items that I thought I'd take some pics and share them with you guys. Maybe you've seen some of these before?


We're starting with the "Whoo-ville Trees" which look like they're made of Grinch! Don't they look more Grinch than tree? The Revenge of the Whos I guess.

 It's weird that it's spelled Whooville instead of Whoville. Maybe it's a copyright thing.

There was a beautiful poinsettia display with all sorts of different colored flowers.


That isn't too unusual in itself, but check out these two:

An orange poinsettia which reminds me of autumn leaves:


And a blue one, which is surprisingly cool:


And check out these air plants! These aren't really Christmas themed, but I think they were part of the Christmas display because they'd make good little gifts.


This one has some spunk.


Another air plant was displayed in this... ghost?


The store has a page up about air plants:

https://www.shopsteins.com/grow/air-plants

Who knew that these plants "get nutrients from dust"?

Back to the more Christmassy stuff - sort of. This giant grasshopper is intended as an ornament anyway.


I wouldn't mind hanging this on a tree if it was the size of an actual grasshopper. An insect/nature tree could be pretty cool, actually. But this guy was at least 4" long!


Another unusual ornament I saw was this jellyfish. This is another big one. It could be cool on one of those beach-themed trees. I've been seeing a lot of beach or ocean type ornaments this year.


A Charlie Brown Christmas tree:


This is one of my favorite photos from the day. I love lights that are shaped like this. They look almost like candy or cake toppings. This might need to become my computer's wallpaper soon.


Steins had some neat, unique items for sale, hey? I have to share a yard display from the ride home. How cool are these Christmas dinosaurs and dragon? And if you look at the right side of the photo, you'll see a snowman robbery in progress! He's armed with a hairdryer! You don't get much more threatening than that.


Hope you're all having fun, getting ready for Christmas. Hopefully, I'll have the time to blog about some Christmas activities. I don't know where December has gone! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why but dinosaur Christmas inflatables have been getting more popular in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dex ~ Well, I guess because a lot of people like dinosaurs? As we've been discussing, a lot of random characters have ended up in yards for Christmas if they're wearing a Christmas hat. I think it's just picking the Christmas version of something you already like. :)

      What's a mystery to me are the Christmas Llamas and Sloths I've been seeing so much of this year. Maybe I should be embarrassed to admit this, but the sloths are wearing me down and becoming Christmassy to me for no apparent reason!

      Delete