Thursday, October 25, 2018

A trip back in Halloween time!

You guys might remember photos from last year's Halloween trip to Farm Girl Antiques. There were plenty more cool displays on this year's trip! A couple of the items might look familiar from before but they're being shown in new ways.

How adorable is this sassy jack-o-lantern? Even the potato chip label on that container looks cool alongside these pumpkins. It has that same vintage/graphic flavor.


Same with that cracker box in this pic. I see "Fancy Crackers & Cakes" on this label, but I had it in my head that this was a box that held firecrackers. Maybe that's because of the sun that looks sort of like a sparkler.


That little triangle with a cat face on it is a hat. It might be hard to see, but there are little silver jingle bells on its corners.





I really like how this picture ended up, just really simple with the black, white, and orange. And I can imagine the kid in this costume carrying that lantern.


It may be hard to tell what's going on here, but this circle is a magnifier and it's in front of a page in a book. I don't think I've ever seen a magnifier that sits upright like that. It looks like something that should be in a science lab.


Spiders in a bottle:



These cut-outs were placed on an old school desk, which seemed appropriate. They look like something that could be hanging as a decoration on a schoolroom wall.



These orange frames are so beautiful. I like the way Venetian glass frames glow. And how perfect is Carole Lombard and a black cat in there? Note the jar of skulls behind her.


The sister frame to that one had another cool pic of a girl with her cat in it. The reflection on that picture was a total accident, but I like the way her face is hidden. I think that makes her look ghostly.


"Essence of common vampire BAT SPLEEN ~ Use with caution" The essence of tiny spleens. If you think about that, it sounds like a pretty tedious process. Especially if you read further: "Steeped in brine for three hundred days and nights"


Some displays like this one go with the "Farm Girl" name. I thought those orange lights were so cute on that old woodwork. Those are vintage napkins in the frame at the bottom.


You can step out into the old window display area in the front of the store. You know, the area mannequins might have been displayed back when this was a clothing store. That's where I took the next several photos.


I like this one because there are all kinds of reflections going on. Reflections of the buildings across the street, of that architectural element, and of a building in the mirror. I'm not even sure which direction that building in the mirror was facing. There could be a reflection of a reflection thing going on.



You might have noticed the old tin ceiling in previous pics.


You can imagine this as a large clothing store back in the day, right?


In the middle of the store was this fashionable skeleton, riding in her carriage.


She even has a cat in her lap.



A tiny, velvety pumpkin was the trip souvenir. Check out the cute label on top of it. Like in a few of these other photos, I'm just now noticing some of the type close-up. "Serving witches since 1674"


There it is in all its adorable fuzziness.


So there's another year's fun trip to the antique store! Did you see anything that you would have wanted to take home?

P.S. ~ If you'd like to revisit last year's shopping adventure: 

6 comments:

  1. Wow - Fun store. I love antiques stores because their stuff is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M ~ Yeah! It's a different experience from looking at Halloween stuff in, say, Target. The things you see in antique stores are a lot less expected. The unexpectedness is probably a big reason why I like antiquing!

      Delete
  2. Love the vintage Halloween stuff. I have a few plastic pumpkins like the first one which my brother and I used to collect our Halloween candy in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorelei ~ I used to collect my Halloween candy in a plastic jack-o-lantern pail too! It was a lot like that one sitting on the potato chip container. The winking jack-o-lantern is new to me.

      Delete
  3. I love the fuzzy little pumpkin at the end! Halloween, like Christmas, just seem to look and feel better in vintage. The quality today doesn't even come close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison ~ Yeah, it's a little cutie! That pumpkin is probably about 2" tall. I totally agree about vintage vs. modern quality in holiday decorations! And just about everything else. I've been seeing a lot of cute vintage-inspired Santa stuff this year. A lot of Santas that look like 1950s illustrations. I think those are going to be some tempting buys!

      Delete