Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween! Let's celebrate with a pumpkin party!

Happy Halloween everyone! I am going to share some photos from the carved pumpkin display in our village. There were quite a few pumpkins on display, which was a surprise to me. People were invited to carve pumpkins over the last few rainy nights. So I didn't know how many people would participate. The huge display wasn't the only surprise this year. This huge inflatable pumpkin was new.

Isn't this great? I was just reminded of a video I saw online years back: 

Watch giant inflatable pumpkin roll down the street

These next pics will give you an idea of how many pumpkins were in front of the gazebo.



In this next pic the gazebo looks like a giant spaceship ready to lift off the ground. You can see a bit of the Polka band in there. The band really added to the jolly atmosphere. 

Here are a few close-ups of my favorites. You can't see it much here, but someone carved ears and earrings into the side of this one.





Mr. Oogie Boogie:


See the tiny stick body under that smiley face? πŸ˜„

The lights in this pic came out kind of red for some reason. I like that neon glow.

How great is this? You can tell that someone scraped off layers of pumpkin instead of straight up carving it. I bet this one took some time.


The poop emoji I assume... Or maybe we can call this a ghost. 





This sinister little creeper reminds me of something. Does this remind you of a character from a movie? I'm trying to place this face.

I love taking pics from the tops of pumpkins! These pumpkins were lit with large old fashioned string lights, so there was a lot of glow going on.

And here's an inside look. You can get a good view of the guts and one of those light bulbs. These are always fun pics to take, but sometimes it's hard to find enough space to view inside the pumpkin. There was a fairly large square cut into the back of this one.

And here's a final shot taken on the way out of the park. I really liked the way the cornstalk frames this one. It's like the pumpkin is peeking around it. 

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this virtual trip to jack-o-lantern land. I always enjoy taking and sharing photos from events like this. It's fun to see the creativity on display. πŸŽƒ


Boo! πŸ¦‡


8 comments:

  1. Some major creativity there! I'm so pleased folks didn't let the weather put them off. Halloween is done for another year, I hope your's was great Justine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison ~ Yeah! I was pretty impressed. Even if the potential carvers wanted to come out in the rain, the event was actually cancelled for one night. We were having just too much of a storm. So it really was amazing to see this many pumpkins! I'd been to the park maybe eight hours before taking these pics and there weren't nearly as many pumpkins out. I had a pretty busy Halloween and still had more I wanted to do. So I plan to carry the holiday a few days forward. :) I hope you had a Happy Halloween too!

      Delete
  2. That's a great collection Jack O'Lanterns! ThanksπŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lt. Lothar Zogg ~ It sure was! Glad you enjoyed it and cute owls. :)

      Delete
  3. Jack-o-lanterns are so magical, especially when seen en masse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haunted Eve ~ That is so true. I feel really lucky to have a display like this five minutes from home. I hope you had a Happy Halloween! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow what a blast and someone carved the poop emoji - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady M ~ It was a blast! Haha! So you don't think it was a ghost? ;)

      Delete