Friday, August 27, 2021

Halloween at JoAnn's ~ Part 2

I returned to JoAnn's to see what had been added to those empty shelves I saw last time. There were a few new goodies. For the most part, the new items matched that classic Halloween theme you saw in the last post.


Here are more of those cutie jack-o-lanterns you saw in the last post. I think that "BOO" wood square decoration is sort of a take on wood lettered blocks for kids. I feel inspired to craft something like that. A "BOO" painted on totally square blocks with sort of a vintage look would be cool. 


This funky glam beetle and spider were fairly large. If someone was decorating a large-scale Halloween tree, these could be a fun addition.

This different type of spider looks like a fun way to display treats.

I love these twisted spooky trees. Of course one could look cool alone, but they're pretty striking as a forest. Imagine how fun it would be to decorate these as a group. Maybe some tiny fake leaves could go under them.

Of course there were some skeleton decorations. This guy was cool because his eyes changed colors off and on.

I know you see some form of skeletons doing yoga on my blog each year, but these are metallic. 😉 They're really gritting their boney teeth in holding those poses, which is understandable for that one on the left. 

And then there are these two. He's just bathing in his top hat, swigging away. I'm beginning to think that I'm with skeletons how some people are with garden gnomes (that I find them funny just doing anything). Those "bubbles" are actually marbles. 

There were a couple new skeleton creatures too. "New" is saying something, because every year I feel like I've seen it all with skeleton critters. Isn't this a happy skeleton rooster?


This metallic rainbow sea creature lights up. A bright blue light emanates from his brain.


There were a number of patterned Halloween fabrics out. Here are some of my favorites:

Look at those spooky cat eyes! And it goes without saying how cool those Day of the Dead patterns are. I guess the first one is kind of a Day of the Dead/Halloween mashup.

And a few classic patterns:

Like last time's JoAnn's post, I'm going to end with a few Dollar Tree finds. You're looking at a pack of eight wood fox cut-outs that you can make into a garland. Below the foxes are some wood acorns and mushrooms.

I still love the truck carrying something craze and I guess everyone else does too, because I keep seeing trucks everywhere! These could look cute on a wreath.

These velvety small pumpkins are a great deal for $1.00! (You're looking at two sprigs here.) These also come in a bright reddish orange and white. I have a white set that I'm planning to put in with some silk roses for autumn.

Can you even believe that these three signs came from a Dollar Tree? These vintage-inspired signs were above and beyond what I'd expect to see there. They're pretty sturdy too! It might be hard to see here, but they're on stakes. The heads are roughly the size of a human head.

Dollar Tree has had a pretty impressive Halloween selection this year, and it's fast moving. So if your store is anything like mine, grab what you like when you first see it! I haven't seen most of the same Halloween items on my next visit. But the good news is that they always seem to have a different Halloween item in place of them! 

4 comments:

  1. I have been sorely disappointed in JoAnnes this year but those Dollar Tree signs are pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady M ~ Oh? Well, I will say that you have to wait around here for half of the products to appear on the JoAnn's shelves. Things seem to be arriving in shifts this year, but that might have just been a delivery issue. I thought they had some cute classic stuff, though.

    Dollar Tree really has been impressive with the Halloween stuff this year. This is probably their strongest year ever in my opinion. If I didn't already have a ton of Halloween stuff I would have been tempted to go wild at Dollar Tree. It's a bit of a storage issue after a point. But yeah, those signs were quite the find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny though - shortly after your post I hit up about 6 dollar trees looking for the cat stake - no luck. They sold out of those fast!!

      Delete
    2. Lady M ~ Wow, six Dollar Trees! That is some dedication. You can usually order a lot of Dollar Tree items, but there's always that catch of needing to buy a whole case of them. Yeah, they really did sell out of those fast. There are three Dollar Trees I visit and I only saw the stakes at one of them and for one day only. I can only hope that one of the stakes somehow slid behind a shelf at one of your Dollar Trees and you find it hidden! That sort of thing does occasionally happen around here.

      Delete